Thursday, January 03, 2008

 

Hippocrates

The above mentioned ancient Greek gentlemen
who is famous for his "oath" also said that,
"A doctor is a slave to his patient not the
master.".......

Today was annual "check up" day.....Blood
work, prescriptions and all that other "jazz"....
I just love to watch the faces of the people
in the "medical profession" when you open
your mouth and "know" a little about "your"
condition.......The only thing you can not say
is, "I saw on the Internet that ----"......Then
you are dead......

The older nurse today immediately asked
me about my blood sugar, after she looked
at my chart....."Are you going to give me
a A1c blood test?"......."Yes", she answered.....
"What else are you going to test me for?"......
She was now lost........

"Are you going to give me a PSA, CEA, CBC?",
I asked.....She left in a huff.......The PSA and
CEA were way more important than a A1c
which has been recently "marginal".......

Sometimes I think that there are more "drug"
salesmen than patients in an office......(I
suspect I may have blogged on this subject
before.).....But give me a break, how many
pills should a person take for a "marginal"
condition......

Let's face it.....When you get older, your entire
body becomes "marginal".......

I am beginning to love the word "curmudgeon"...
But always with a smile.....Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?