Sunday, December 02, 2007

 

Winter

Well it appears that winter is about to unleash
itself upon my friends in the "north country"...
I must say that, "I have been there and done
that"......

Even when I was there, I was advised that
retirement was better in Virginia.....It was
never a truer statement and I never regretted
the move......

Oh yes, we do get snow here in Jabunyaville.....
But all it does is remind you that it is Winter....
For the younger generation, with their SUVs,
it reminds them that they never learned how
to drive, and respect, the snow......

The kids love the snow but it is really tough
to find a "hill" or a decent "slope".....One
must go west, of Jabunyaville, to find them....
The mountains are a good place to look,
I have been told.......

Tomorrow I shall prepare......Bring out the
bucket of ice melt, which I have had for
two years, along with the aluminum shovel.....
It really does not help much because when
you live in a "cul-de-sac" it may take the
great State of Virginia Department of
Transportation to plow you out, after 6-8
inches of snow.......

6-8 inches is just a "dusting" for my
northern friends.....Ah Winter......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?