Saturday, October 20, 2007

 

Statistics

It seems that everybody today is counting numbers and
creating statistics......For years it was only the statistics
in the sports world that anyone mentioned......Most
home runs, most football yards gained etc.......

What has stuck in my "craw" is the 5 year cancer survival
statistic in the medical field.......Get cancer, live for 5 years,
and you "made it"........In fact my personal surgeon was
enthralled that I "made it" and lived for 5 years.......I guess
I was a "success story"......

Hey Docs, let's start raising the "bar" a little......Get happy
after 10 years.......Let's look at 5 years as a good "band-aid"
job........In case a doctor is interested, year #4 is a bitch.......
Will you make #5?........I would prefer to worry about #9......
Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?