Saturday, September 01, 2007

 

"Excuse Me"

It is my understanding that in the Chinese language,
voice inflection, can change the meaning of a word....

In the English language, there exists the phrase
"Excuse me".......It use to be " Excuse me PLEASE",
but the third word seems to have dissolved in to
the voids of history.......

So "Excuse me", the way I look at it, is the first
phrase in the English language that can be modified,
by one's intent, due to voice inflection......

If two shopping carts meet in a supermarket or
"big box" store, one can hear the words, "Excuse me"....
With proper voice inflection, this means, "May I
pass"......(Remember now no one uses the word
"please" anymore)......

Or when two shopping carts meet, one can hear
the words, "EXCUSE ME"......Meaning, via voice
inflection, that YOU ARE IN MT WAY----MOVE
YOUR BUTT......

This voice inflection problem would not exist today
if society remembered the word, "Please"....Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?