Friday, July 13, 2007

 

Stanley

Today I got to know Stanley's first name......Or was it.....

He is the man who takes my order at my local
Chinese take out restaurant.......Since the little shop
was empty, at the 4PM hour, I asked him his name......

He said, " Stanley"......."No, I said, your given name."
He answered, "Shen-Li"........Then I said, "What do
they "call" you".......His answer was "Big Hong".......

I concluded many years ago that it was best to ask
an "immigrant" their "real" name.....For some reason
it shows some sign or "respect" between two
human beings......

My Chinese food order will not change a bit the next
time I ask for "Big Hong", but at least he knows
that he has another American friend.......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?