Wednesday, June 13, 2007

 

The Lawn Mower #2

Having been a guy that fixed many "things" over the past
50 years, I am happy to say that my lawn mower is once
again fully operative........The new drive belt has been
successfully installed........

When I worked for an "Elevator Company" back in the '60s,
I learned that the harder it is to manufacture something, the
more money it costs to make and the profits can be effected.....
That is why a fancy Italian car can cost hundreds of thousands
because it is hand made and a Chevy costs twenty thousand
because it is assembled on a production line......

So also with the lawn mower.......The removal of two screws and
a plastic shield gave you access to the pulley......Untightening one
more screw relieved belt tension.......While it took me only about
10 minutes to replace the belt, I suspect the belt was installed
in the factory in seconds........That's how you make a profit in
the manufacturing business........Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?