Sunday, May 06, 2007

 

TriBeCa - SoHo

New York City has changed since I lived there some
20 years ago......When I left, SoHo was the craze.......
Olde industrial loft buildings were being converted
into housing units.......Back then you could buy a "loft"
for $6,000.......Today the same "loft" is worth
$6,000,000..........

What got me is that I did not know where TriBeCa
was "created"......Thanks to the "Internet" I know
it is now nothing more that South SoHo........

It seems after SoHo became popular they found another
little corner of Manhattan Island (NYC) that had some
olde industrial "lofts" for conversion.........

That is one thing I have to say about New York City,
it never stops to change and restructure itself........
People come and go, it is destroyed and and then
rebuilt......It is forever changing.......

And, it's major change is that the price of living there
keeps on going up........Pumps.......
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?