Wednesday, May 02, 2007

 

Grandpa Lived Green #2

One of the national TV channels is running news stories, during
"Sweeps Month" on how to live "Green"......

I admit that I was impressed with a house that was built with
solar sun panels on the roof which was constructed of recycled
rubber tire material.....It was big, expansive and elegant and
not cheap to build......The owner was indeed proud of his
purchase and style of leaving......I guess the house must have
impressed his peers......

At the end of the news story, the reporter mentioned that the
electric bill for the house averaged $70.00 a month.....That
peaked my interest......THAT IS MY MONTHLY AVERAGE....
And my house, which does not impress my peers, is made of
wood, brick and shingle......

So I guess that must be the new "carbon footprint" guideline.....
Have a roof over your head and a $70.00 a month utility bill
and you are living green......Boy, that is a weight off my
shoulders......

PS: According to an article in a major US magazine, the CO2
emissions cause by humans living on Earth has the same
effect as a fart during a hurricane........

Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?