Sunday, March 18, 2007

 

Corn Tortillas

I have a nice little Mexican egg recipe, which believe it or not
came from the Target store chain, which requires the use of
corn tortillas......It is a simple little recipe which needs no
real brains or talent to make......Just my speed, as they say......

For two servings, I need 4 corn tortillas.......So, out to my
local supermarket to buy a small package of tortillas......
Well the first package I see is 10 Low Carb Corn Tortillas
for the packaged price of $2.99........

"Hold up their Pedro", I say to myself....We are talking about
a simple piece of flat corn product here......

Down the next isle I found a package of 10 Corn Tortillas
for the packaged price of $0.69......Yep Jose, 69 cents.......

I am so happy that these people, who can not control their
weight and eating habits, have the money to buy into this
"low carb" marketing trend........

I can still not figure out why it costs more to manufacture
a product AFTER YOU TAKE SOMETHING OUT OF IT.....
Why does "low sodium" soup cost more than regular soup?.....
Perhaps it is the "fear factor" in marketing?......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?