Sunday, February 25, 2007

 

Once Upon A Time #23

When I came home from school back in '42, I turned on my
little almond colored Arvin radio and listened to adventure
stories for children.....Hop Harrigan, Captain Midnight,
The Lone Ranger, etc.......

Then in '52 came the black and white television.......Boy!
What a change.......Now you could watch a screen just like
in the movies.......'65 the black and white changed into
color, except for the old nighttime movies where were still
shown in black and white......

Today we are told that our lives are not complete without
the latest electronic sound or vision.......You need a Bose or
an Ipod.......You need a HiDef LCD or Plasma TV to be
fulfilled......Any less then the best and your are cheating
your sensory organs.......Bull I say........

Sound is sound and vision is vision......Your mind will accept
it in any form......It is the lack of them that effects
"one's" life not the quality of them.......

Should I mention that I swallowed the small round "compass"
end to my Long Ranger's Silver Bullet.......I did find a piece
of fetal matter pointing North a few days later and survived....
Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?