Thursday, December 28, 2006

 

Know Your Prices

Its three days after Christmas and two days after Boxing Day.....
The stores still are having their sales of Christmas and other
Holiday items........

Went into my local K-Mart only to find an item I bought about
a month ago that I had to ship to a friend, out-of-state......
The item was at half price (remember my 50% off blog).....
I have no problem with the current price.....But here is the
history of the item's pricing......

On December 1st the item was sold for $9.99......A fair price
and so I bought it.......On December 15th, the same item was
now being sold for "buy one, get one free"......Price now was
$4.995 each.......I still have no problem with the price because
it is a "marketing decision".......

Here it now is, after the Christmas holiday, and the price is
once again list $9.99 with 50% off @ $5.00.......It seems
that the "retailer" made their percent of profit, prior to
December 25th and after, during the post-Christmas sale......

I guess the only bargain is Christmas cards a 1/2 price and
sometimes I even "wonder" about that.....Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?