Monday, November 13, 2006

 

They Are Playing Again With Size

I guess we have all become use to the changes in the size
of cans and other packaging containers.....You can not buy a
pound of coffee anymore - it is 11 ounce instead of 16.....
Your 16 ounce soup and bean cans are now 15 or 14-1/2...

Well I have suspected that for a while they have been
playing with my computer paper......Having worked in the
Printing Department (when they existed) for a large
corporation years ago, I think I can remember the "feel"
of a piece of 20 pound "bond" paper......

As of late I have noticed that while the packaging may say
20 pound the "feel" is thinner, from some manufacturers......
Well I believe that paper has followed the path as the rest
of the tree......(Anyone find a 2"X4" which measures that?).....

It appears that the "basis paper weight" of 20 pounds comes
from the weight of the "original" sheets prior to cutting......
Cut the "original" into four parts and you have "4 - 20 pound"
packages.......However if you make the "original" paper sheets
bigger and they weigh 20 pounds you can get "6 - 20 pound"
packages OF THINNER PAPER.....

If I have confused you with this explanation, I am sorry......
But if you find a 2 pound (32oz) can of tomatoes, let me
know.....All I can find now is 1 pound-12 ounces (28oz)
cans.....If the price stays the same, the quantity will
be less......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?