Wednesday, November 22, 2006

 

Passports 2007 and 2009

Having never travelled, greatly, in my lifetime.....I do not
have a US Passport and have no intention of obtaining
one.....My home and the United States are fine enough
to live in and travel.....

Effective January 23, 2007 all American citizens will need
a Passport to leave the country by "air".....In mid-2009 this
same citizen will need his/her Passport to leave the country
by "land" or "sea" route.......

While this has placed some burdens on frequent business
travelers, who use an "air" route, between the US and
Canada, I expect that the problems will be worked out
without too much difficulty......

My question is what happens in 2009 with all the illegal
people, Hispanic, Asian and others, when the "land" and
"sea" route crossings become effective......

Will they then become trapped in the United States?......
Without any legal citizenship, they will be stopped from
crossing any US border due to the lack of a Passport.....
I suspect 2009 will present us with another "can of worms"
for immigration to contend with......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?