Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Another Change In A Job Description

Some 50 years ago, when you went into a restaurant or diner
to eat, you sat at a table and waited for a "waitress" or
"waiter" to take your food order.....(The source of the word
is from the Middle English for "watchman".).....

For some reason the the use of "waiter/waitress" became
sexist.....And, so the word "server" became in vogue......
"Hello, I am your 'server', may I take your order.".....

Well here we go again......It appears the the word "server"
no appears to be "one of a slave".....My local Applebee's
no longer has "servers".......Now it is "helper"....."Hello,
I am your 'helper', may I take your order."......

For some reason when you are trying to be a self-sufficient
senior citizen, the last word you want to hear is, "Hello,
I am your helper."......Who goes to a restaurant for "help"?.....
I thought you went to a restaurant to order food from
the "waiter" or "waitress".......

I wonder if in the Help Wanted section of the local
newspaper will now have a heading for "helper"?....Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?