Thursday, July 20, 2006

 

Petition Signing

Recently a young man came to my door and wanted my
signature on his petition to stop a local 'out-of-state"
landfill operation....When questioned he 'upped' his
position by using the word "Toxic".....

I know that perhaps on a moments notice this individual
will be willing to circulate any petition on any social
matter.......What gets me is the following:

#1 They wear shoes made from either leather (an animal
by-product) or plastic (containing toxic chemical).
#2 They arrive in the sub-division by car (which consumes
gasoline and creates CO2 pollution) or by bicycle with
rubber tires (we are back to oil by-products and
chemicals again).....
#3 They adorn themselves with clothing which is not all
100% cotton or wool (toxic chemicals again)....
#4 They carry forms which are made from paper (a tree
thing).....Of course a pencil (tree) or ball point pen
(plastic and chemicals again) are used also.....

My real question is, that if they are such believers in
their cause, why are they not WALKING to my door
with REED shoes, all COTTON clothing and carrying
a ROCK SLATE and piece of COAL on which to sign
their petition.....I guess they really do not think things
through.....Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?