Sunday, June 25, 2006

 

The Next War

I have touched on this subject before.....The telecommunications
wars between your local telephone company and your local
cable company........You have seen the television 'ads' and
other commercials for public involvement because the
competition will save the consumer money.......

I have received my first 'comparison' information in the
mail......Net savings for switching over one dollar a month...
Yep, my cable broadband is currently $45.95 a month and if
I switch to the telephone company I can get it for $44.95
a month......There is your big savings, folks......

Now, since my telephone company damaged my telephone
line when installing their fiber optic cable, the telephone
company will replace my 'copper' telephone line but will
not upgrade my telephone connection to a 'fiber optic'
one unless I give them more money for additional services.....
(I know you may have to read that twice - to figure it
out.).....It all comes down to, give us YOUR money......

Just remember that there has been great competition in
the cell phone industry and I do not think anyone really
saved anything.....I suspect the cable TV/internet
Broadband/internet telephone wars will accomplish the
same for the consumer.....NOTHING, except a rising
monthly telecommunications service bill that has to
be paid once a month......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?