Monday, February 27, 2006

 

More LEAD Stuff

Continuing my searches into the effect of the chemical lead,
(Pb), on the population, see past posts Public Nuisance
numbers 1 and 2, I found one more interesting fact suitable
for pub talk......

The Romans were one of the first to use lead....Guess
where they found it?....In Romania...Guess how
many Romanians died in mining it?......A lot.......
I wonder if there was a "published paper" back in the
year 100AD denoting the harmful effect of lead?.....

The interesting fact that I ran across was that Rome
used the lead for piping in the city's water system......
Thus Rome fell due to an over population of sick people....
If this is true, I wonder how many older cities in the
world have lead pipes under their streets......

I for one remember repairing one in New York City
back in 1985.......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?