Sunday, January 01, 2006

 

Once Upon A Time #15

First off, HAPPY NEW YEAR, to my small band of followers.....

It is amazing that "once upon a time" could only be five years
ago.....Above my computer there is placed a small, purchased,
remembrance of the good olde Y2K bug......Remember that
great panic of 1999......A few wackos had it as the end of the
world but the intelligentsia predicted the end of the computer....
A piece of electronic equipment could not properly handle
the addition of one minute of earth time......

Well, as we all know, it never happened and my little souvenir
reminds me of the "doomsday sayers", "negative thinkers"
and the "Chicken Littles" of the world.....I suspect there will be
a multitude of future happy new year days but it is tough to
convince people of that.....And I guess, from what History tells us,
it has always been that way.....HAPPY NEW YEAR again...Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?