Thursday, December 01, 2005

 

High Speed Internet

This is not a complaint....I have HSI and I like it....But......
If you ask your provider, who by the way says they are
providing a service at a certain "Kpbs", how you can check
the "speed"?.....They have no answer......The only thing they
will do is give you a "ping test" which means that you are
"on line"

It is what their advertisements do not tell you!....Your "speed"
can be effected by your own computer and the way it is
operating......Or, the operation of the "server" you are trying
to reach.....Distance to that "server" will both effect "download"
and "up" load speeds.....And let us not forget the distance
of that server from your little computer.....

There are many HSI "test sites" out there you can check
the "speed" of your computer on any given occasion.....But I
love the one that tells me that I am running at a DSL speed
and suggests I switch to a HSI provider......Which happens to
be the one I am currently using.....What a joke.......Pumps
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?